September is National Childhood Obesity Awareness Month!
The most significant rise in Type 2 diabetes is in 10-12 year olds. One in 3 children in the United States are overweight or obese. Childhood obesity puts kids at risk for health problems that were once seen only in adults, like type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease.
The good news is that childhood obesity can be prevented. In honor of National Childhood Obesity Awareness Month, the CPC Health Team encourages your family to make healthy changes together.
· Get active outside: Walk around the neighborhood, go on a bike ride, or play basketball at the park.
· Limit screen time: Keep screen time (time spent on the computer, watching TV, or playing video games) to 2 hours or less a day.
· Make healthy meals: Buy and serve more vegetables, fruits, and whole-grain foods.
Taking small steps as a family can help your child stay at a healthy weight.
Join Us for “Quick and Easy Meals and Snacks” Workshop/Luncheon
Wednesday, September 13th 11:00 am -1:00 pm - Fellowship Hall
Presented by Liz Hoffman, MS, RDN, Public Health Nutritionist
Sign up on the patio September 3rd and 10th or call Jane Exell at the church office Ext.311.
· Learn tips for preparing meals quickly and how to stock your pantry.
· Learn how to make healthy selections when eating out.
· Learn how to use a slow cooker and different cooking techniques to prepare easy, healthy meals.
· Join us afterward for lunch! Donations accepted.
WELCOME TO CPC VENTURA
Welcome to Community Presbyterian Church, Ventura. We offer a wide variety of worship and ministry opportunities for the whole family and are excited to have you with us.