Giving @ CPC
GROWING AS A DISCIPLE – The CPC mission statement is
“We are a community of growing disciples, growing disciples”.
Our goal is to help you grow as a disciple, understanding that God owns it all,
and that as followers of Jesus Christ we have a responsibility to be good stewards of what He has given us.
We have many resources to help you in your growth as a disciple and become a good steward:
There are more that 27 videos specifically on Biblical Finance such as:
1. The Treasure Principle by Randy Alcorn Most people can significantly give to the Kingdom of God, but they don't know how or haven't been taught the awesome eternal benefits of sowing into God's work on Earth. Author Randy Alcorn calls it a hidden treasure, and we all must learn this lifechanging principle to find that hidden treasure.
2. Eliminating Debt by Crown Ministries There's no denying that debt takes a toll on us financially, emotionally, relationally, and spiritually. That's why this study is so crucial! In less than two hours, this video study will help you create a plan to attack your debt and be free from the dangers of debt dependence. – Five reasons why people dive too deep into debt – Practical ways to eliminating debt – How to address special issues like credit scores, dealing with creditors, and bankruptcy ..and many more!
Walking the Walk - A Testimony with Kirk Hamilton
Walking the Walk - A Testimony with Dave & Kim Lindee
There are many good books available that will help us in our growth as disciples to become better stewards of what God has provided us. Here are a few we can recommend:
The 21 Day Financial Fast
by Michelle Singletary
For twenty-one days, participants will put away their credit cards and buy only the barest essentials. With Michelle’s guidance during this three-week financial fast, you will discover how to: - Break bad spending habits - Plot a course to become debt-free - Avoid the temptation of overspending for college - Learn how to prepare elderly relatives and yourself for future long-term care - Be prepared for any contingency with a Life Happens Fund - Stop worrying about money and find the priceless power of financial peace.
Money, Possessions and Eternity
by Randy Alcorn
What does the Bible really say about money? This completely revised and updated version of the classic best-seller provides a Christian perspective about money and material possessions based on the author's painstaking study of the Bible. Randy Alcorn uses the Scriptures to approach this often touchy subject head-on. Thought-provoking arguments challenge readers to rethink their attitudes and use their God-given resources in ways that will have an eternal impact. Alcorn deals straightforwardly with issues of materialism, stewardship, prosperity theology, debt, and more. An excellent choice for group study as well as individual financial guidance. Includes a study guide and appendix with additional resources.
Your Money Counts
by Howard Dayton
The Lord said a lot about money because He loves and cares deeply for us. He realizes that from time to time, all of us will experience financial challenges, and he wants us to handle money in a way that pleases Him and is the smartest way for us. He dealt with money matters because money does matter.
Tips for Giving - 12 Creative Ways to Give Sacrificially
How Can We Help You Grow as a Disciple?
If you would be interested in one of the topics listed below, please contact us at email@example.com
- An 8-12 week Biblically based course on handling finances
- A Sunday Adult Discipleship class on Stewardship
- Workshops on Debt Reduction & Improving your Credit Score
- Workshops on Developing a Budget
- One-on-one Financial Coaching
- Financial Planning: Seeing the Big Picture
- Workshops on Wills & Estate Planning
- Transitioning into retirement
- Caring for Aging Parents
- Please suggest other workshops that interest you: ________________________
Financial Mentoring– contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for confidential financial mentoring.